Since the 4th of August 2013, I have been nominated for a Leibster Award by three fellow fashion bloggers around the globe (even though I’d never actually been eligible for the award seeing I had over 200 followers when I was first nominated). So I’ve decided to dedicate a post and give a shout out to all my Liebster Award nominators! Thank you for your nominations, it does mean a lot to me – and of course a HUGE thank you to all the ‘A Hint of Chic‘ followers out there for all the love! You are definitely the reason that push me to continue to post as often as I do ❤ By the way, I didn’t like any of the Liebster Award buttons out there so I created my own one above. Feel free to use it but if you could credit me for my work that would be much appreciated x.
If you’re reading this, please check out these other girls blogs. Like me, they’ve poured their heart and soul into their posts:
1. Uma from Adore&Ärdor
2. B the suburban mum from Fashionista in Suburbia
3. Lydia from Girl on the Go
So what is this Leibster award you ask? It’s an award that allows young blogs (with less than 200 followers) to gain exposure by sharing their work amongst the world of bloggers. And as Uma nominated me first, I’ll be answering her set of questions.
Below are the rules each nominee has to follow:
Rule 1) You must link back to the person that nominated you.
Rule 2) Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Rule 3) You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
Rule 4) You must then pick 11 bloggers (with under 200 followers) to be nominated.
Rule 5) You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Rule 6) You must let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated on their blog.
Eleven Random Facts about myself…
1. I am the clumsiest person you’ll ever meet.
2. I bruise easily. I wake up with random bruises and wonder where they came from.
3. I have an eating disorder. Not what you think … I just have a problem getting my food from my plate to destination ‘my mouth’. Somehow, there’ll always be something that ends up on the table, floor or my clothes.
4. I used to own a copy of a ‘Hanson’ CD.
5. I’m a mic hog at karaoke. I could sing hours on end without stopping.
6. At one stage in my life, I considered the idea of becoming a brain surgeon. I also wanted to become a librarian when I was yay high because I loved stamping the books and thought that was going to be my ultimate dream job.
7. Future me – creative/personal stylist.
8. I can’t live without my smartphone. I will become lost and won’t know what to do with myself.
9. I do have dreams about winning the lotto to the extent that I will have thought about how much I will allocate for certain things such as family members, charities, investments and splurging! I’m still hoping 🙂
10. I am a lucky girl with amazing people in my life. I have a family, a loving partner (and his family by proxy), earn enough to be able to afford things above the basics (not extravagant stuff but splurge on non necessities from time to time) and a circle of beautiful and caring friends.
11. I’m obsessed with Cadbury chocolate fingers (NOMS).
Uma’s questions for me:
1. Describe yourself in a few words. Fun, chic and loyal.
2. Who are your favourite designers/labels? I like to support local talent and hence will name drop NZ designers whenever an opportunity arises. My all time top three favourites are Kathryn Wilson, Deadly Ponies and Ruby (thought I’d limit myself to three otherwise we could be here forever… lol).
3. What inspired you to begin blogging? I’ve always had a love for fashion, styling and shopping. I was already doing a lot of that so why not have it in writing and share it with everyone else that has the same love as me – right?
4. Your three dream dinner guests? Anna Wintour, Kathryn Wilson and Ryan Gosling (surely you’d also like to have Ryan be sitting at the same table as you for dinner).
5. Your one fashion and beauty pet peeve? Fashion pet peeve has got to be the comeback of the jellies. I just don’t understand it. As for beauty pet peeves hmmm I think it would have to be body piercings in all the wrong places.
6. Which three countries would you most like to visit and why?
a) Thailand because of their amazing food, beaches and the awesome exchange rates!
b) Belgium for their chocolate (yes, I do have a weakness for sweets)
c) And last but not least, Maldives. Why Maldives you ask? I think you know exactly why. Who can resist the tropically warm weather all year around, crystal blue waters and their beautiful resorts. It is my dream life.
7. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done? Being able to meet designers and stars are the most adventurous thing I have done to date. Working as a backstage crew on the Jacky Cheung world tour, work experience at Ruby headquarters and the few times I’ve been able to work with Kathryn Wilson and her team at HQ and her awesome fashion shows!
8. What does ‘style’ mean to you? Style is something very personal. It is unique identifier for ‘you’. It’s not about what is currently in fashion, it’s about who you are, how you want to portray yourself and how you want to be remembered.
9. What is your vice or guilty pleasure? Handmade dark chocolates are my guilty pleasure for food. But fashionwise –
10. Your biggest achievement? I’d say starting this blog and completing my computer science degree comes first equal as my biggest achievement to date.
11. Who is your inspiration? Kathryn Wilson. She is amazing designer and person. She started with nothing and has worked very hard to get to where she is now. She inspires me to follow my dreams and just go with my gut.
I don’t have 11 nominations but here are a few I’d like to nominate:
1. My talented friend who has a love for typography The Lost Blog
2. Kimberley on SurLesYeuxVertz
3. Chloe on Chloes World of Fashion
4. Foundation our Blog
And it is now your tun to answer my questions…
1. What is the one item of clothing you can’t live without?
2. Who is your fashion muse?
2. Where do you want to be in five years time?
3. Your favourite cosmetic product?
4. What are three items you’d never get caught dead in?
5. If you could be a socialite for a day – who would you be?
6. What would you dream wardrobe look like?
7. What is your favourite brand?
8. What is your biggest achievement so far in terms of style and fashion?
9. If you could drop everything right now and live the life you want. Where and what would you be?
10. What made you decide to immerse yourself in the world of blogging?
11. If you had one person you could meet (dead or alive) who would it be?